March 29, 2009

Continental Shelfs





This week some littler projects done and a bigger one started.

I have put up two four foot long shelves with the brackets screwed directly into the wall studs. Upon these two will rest my first R/C modeling effort, a Liberty Ship, and my latest an Ohio class submarine of the type I once rode for fun and profit. Neither will fit exactly but I want to get them on display and out of the garage eventually.

The wonderful looking green orb is a tea light I found at Target a couple weeks ago hanging upon a painted hanging plant hook. Eventually it will be wired up and casting a green glow upon demand. Why? I don't know, nothing like it in the movie but its still neat.

Thirdly I have begun installing the built in desk after staining it the same dark mahogany as the chair. Its a very early picture to show the idea and I think you get the drift. Underneath will be storage to hide the computer case and most of the wiring and on top will be a short bookshelf type structure for even more storage most likely SubCommittee Reports and FineScale Modeler magazines I imagine.

The desk will occupy most of the coming week and hopefully I will have some finished looking images for you next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Lookin' better and better.

Jeffty