November 30, 2008

Underhand, underwater, and damned un-English




Hey lookit my submarine!

Now things are looking better. I have spent the week preparing all the hull frames and painting up the embellishments and gluing them on to the individual members.

Using some "extra grip" liquid nails and for the middle ones Marsha's grip, we attached them to the ceiling and walls. I had to splice in the straight sections in the middle using the same glue and some seam filler which was actually a model-railroading landscape foam that would not attack styrofoam and could be painted the same color. Turned out good, most of the seems are hidden now.

The light fixture is pretty neat too. It hangs a bit low for my taste but when I bought it I thought I'd be able to mount it flush to the ceiling but instead it has to dangle using one chain link. I will try to shorten it up some because right now my head only has about 8 inches of clearance and the heat cooks my noodle.

I'll be framing that small skinny window next and running some more rivet straps up the four corners and also, stay tuned for Map Version 2.0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, lookin' SO cool, Tom!

Jeffty