November 1, 2008

Front Yard of Terror Part 2



"Booty Island" is a full size rendition of a Halloween village piece I noticed this year. The item is called "Greedy to the End", and it seemed to invoke a great back story for our skeleton dude here.

Originally there was to be an audio track for him as well but I ran out of CD players. It was going to be ocean sounds and seagulls and such and will be included in next years display. The whole island is fairly fragile being just stretched sand colored cloth with real sand sprinkled over the top for looks and the tots would have been clamoring all over it if not for the imposing looking skull/chain fence.

Notice my vast booty? (Hee) The larger parts are Goodwill store finds and the coinage was mostly bought in bulk from Party America. The glowing jewels effect is a textured clear plastic insert from an industrial overhead light fixture cut to size and set in the chest with some LED lights on a changing pattern underneath giving it that captivating glow. Not my original idea mind you but an adaption from something I saw on the web.

That guys' booty wasn't nearly as impressive as my own however.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, Cap'n, are an evil genius -- and I'm impressed as hell. Definitely worth all your time and money and heartache. Hope the neighborhood appreciates the devotion. Arrrrr . . . Jeffty

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed. You could almost design stuff like this for a living. Maybe next year I will have to take a road trip to see this in person. Awesome stuff...MarkB