March 9, 2010

Strange and mysterious Powers



Here we are nearly at the end of our trip.

A couple of final projects here. I have some touch ups on the paint around the room and some small things to do before we tie up at the pier on Vulcania for some much deserved and exciting leave...

Well as much excitement as you can possibly have at the bottom of a crater. In an extinct volcano. With no women or bars around for thousands of miles...

Anyhow, the gauges are back with a refinement requested, nay DEMANDED, by alert blog reader Jeffry. I added some piping to each of them to simulate some sort of functionality. They look oodles better and it was cheap to boot. Thank you my loyal fan...

See the previous post for how utterly out of place and ugly the functional inside of the paint booth looked. Using some spare rivets I had just lying around, some wood, and a mysterious orb given to me by a Gypsy, I built a removable front for the box. Its like a mini power supply room from like in the movie. Right? Well the Disney people used clear salad bowls and Christmas lights for theirs so this works. Anyhow it turns an unused part of the room into a little slice of Hollywood.

Once the cleanup and last couple of small projects are done I'll post some before and after shots and a round up of the salient highlights and pitfalls of the room as a warning to others.

I'm sure there are TONS of Nautilus bedrooms being made over out there...

Oooh...Check out this video. Pretty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Excellent! I tip my hat once again, sir.

Jeffty