December 26, 2008

Passage to Nowhere




I can now say with certainty that one small corner of the room is done. I have put the last touches on the closet and we can pull the curtain on that part of the project. Literally.

Everything needed pulled out of there, spackle dust wiped off, and stacked about in the corners. I painted the inside and the original trim molding I'd saved from earlier the darker green. It all just went back together fine. A simple enjoyable project with no hidden surprises.

The tassels are a Walmart find of all places as were the curtains. I like the look of them tied back but they don't HIDE anything that way. I'll probably add another curtain behind the two tied back ones. Oops..did I say done?

The other tiny little project was a replacement of one of the electrical outlets entirely and a fancy-pants faceplate treatment for all. The gold paint was too much so I washed them with a thinned black weathering solution which settled in the crevasses to bring out the details. Not too bad.

It's gotten too freekin' cold to paint my track lighting so I am moving onto the floor. I don't remember seeing much of the floor in the movie but I don't see any reason why Nemo wouldn't have put in a wood top over the metal structure to keep things a little warmer and quieter in a noisy damp sub.

No comments: