October 13, 2008

That’s the finest pirate booty I’ve ever laid eyes on.




18 days to go and I'm feeling saucy...

This week I worked on a chain barrier fence to go around the front of Booty Island. Last year I had kids tromping right up to my helmsman like he was some kind of skeleton Santa Clause. This year with this pile of gold coins and sparklies I thought I should erect a fence to discourage that kind of behavior. Also the island itself is going to be just fabric with a sprinkling of sand on it and it won't be very sturdy at all.

The fellow with the sword poking from his ribcage will finish out the islands look. I will have this done this week. The working pirate cannon is getting less likely to be done in time but I have added more parts to the pile.

To learn more about my booty go to TomsHairyHeinie.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arrr, them's the finest pieces of eight I've seen anywhar up and down the Spanish Main -- somewhar up near Bangor, I believe (apologies to Bob & Ray). That's one hairy heinie!

Jeffty (still five)