May 18, 2008

Out of the closet





Hello World! I'm here and I'm....finished with my closet exterior styling.

I thought it turned out very well and it looks like my riveting scheme will work pretty good. There will be more of this look around the room. The corner forms are made from thin MDF and high density pink foam carved into an arch shape. The foam has been smoothed over with joint compound, sanded and painted so it looks convincingly solid.

The "metal" riveted strips are masonite with some of my rivets glued on at about four inches apart. Its lightly weathered with artist pastels in rust, brown and a slimy greenish color.

You'll see more of the pink foam in the next step where I'll be using large pieces to simulate hull frames running across the ceiling. THATS when will things will start looking more submarinee-er

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom,

Certainly looks cold and clammy enough. Can almost see the condensation building up -- will running rivulets be next? ;-)

Jeffty