February 19, 2009

Like a dolt from the blue...






One of my many failings is a lack of methodology when I approach a task or project. I frontally attack it hoping to channel zeal into some kind of aesthetic artistic impulse. SOMETIMES it works.

Well, remember I said I was done with the painting? Not quite accurate. You see I began work on the computer desk and had a brilliant idea to make the top look like a slab of slightly corroding metal as its shape and original color were quite modern, (Black and chrome). Its the curvy piece pictured. It turned out very good. Too good.

I loved it so much I went back to Lowes bought 4 more cans and spent a week taping and masking and plugging gaps in all the beams across the ceiling. Now they are "done" again as well but sporting the same corroded rusty metal look.

You see..If I'd done some proper research up front on metallic patina paints and various textured sprays before jumping up screaming and charging the pill-box so to speak, I'd have saved a lot of both time and money. Lesson to all you kids out there planning is stoopid and boring but it will save you in the end.

Note the fancy pants heating register there. This was purchased from the fine folks down at Exquisite Brass and Tile http://www.brassandtile.com. It is absolutely perfect thanks Paul! See Exquisite Brass and Tile for all your Nautilus (and every other) rooms' needs. Tell 'em Ned Land sent ya!

Finally you think you have it rough? Look at what the ol' ball and chain gave me for Valentines day. A completely functional iron ball and chain, and yes it fits. Course I hardly noticed after all these years...Ba-dump dump! I'm here all week folks.

1 comment:

The Wahoo Project said...

Will you be serving pudding to all us Ned Lands in this fine room? Will you be serving it sporting the ball & chain?

Jeffty